Concealed Carry Holsters and Apparel
If you’re looking to get concealed gear, it can be tough to buy with confidence. Chances are you’ll have a bunch of different questions running through you’re head when you’re shopping.
- Will my gun fit this holster?
- Will I be printing if I use this holster?
- How durable is the platform?
- Will my firearm be secure?
- Is this holster comfortable?
I’ll provide you with some of the holsters and apparel that I have had success with. Ultimately, it will come down to your own personal preference, but I can speak to both the quality of the materials and any issues (or lackthereof ) I have had with each of these concealed carry platforms.
Top 5 Ways to Carry Concealed
- 5.11 Tactical Short Sleeve Compression Shirt – This shirt is form fitting, and is a universal fit for your firearm. This concealed carry shirt is best used with compact handguns. For more details, check out this in-depth review.
- Alien Gear In Waist Band (IWB) Holster – Made to fit your model of firearm. Made to carry IWB, so you’ll want to make sure there’s a little play in your pants for this platform. See why I consider this one of the best holsters around in this holster review.
- Concealment Express IWB Holster – Made to fit specific handgun models, this holster is an extremely minimalist holster that is lightweight and easy to conceal. Read the full review here.
- BlackHawk Serpa Sportster OWB Holster – Fits specific models of firearms, but has a wide array of pistol options to choose from. Ideal when wearing loose overcoat, to conceal. Can also double as an open carry platform. Read my review
- Ultimate Belly Band Holster – Another universal fit option, can be worn in several different setups, including IWB, or shoulder holster position. Learn more about my experience with this holster.
All Holster & Apparel Reviews
If you are looking for a top quality holster that offers comfort in droves, then look no further than the CompTac Infidel IWB Hybrid holster. After searching through various different holsters for the Walther PPQ, this beauty emerged victorious.Because it is both an IWB holster and a minimalist design, the CompTac Infidel makes for one of the best concealed carry holsters.
I’ve owned several different belly bands, and they have all broken down, many within months of usage. Therefore, I was looking for a durable solution when I came across the ComfortTac Belly Band Holster and decided to give it a chance.
Some concealed carry practitioners frown on deep concealment methods. Oftentimes, the added time required to un-holster your weapon is seen as less than ideal. However, deep concealment techniques, like this compression shirt from 5.11 Tactical, make hiding your pistol much simpler.
If you prefer to wear your everyday carry pistol on your hip, but find IWB holsters to be a bit uncomfortable, then look no further than the Blackhawk Serpa OWB holster. I picked this holster up for my P250 and I couldn’t be happier with the performance and durability.
I admit that I took a bit of a chance on the Concealment Express kydex IWB holster. Having no prior experience with, or knowledge of the company I was skeptical of the quality this IWB holster would offer. However, with the price tag on this holster I figured it was worth the risk. Let me tell you, I was thoroughly impressed with what this IWB holster had to offer.
Up until recently, my everyday carry handgun was the Sig Sauer P250. I love that pistol, but finding a good concealed carry holster took a bit of trial and error on my part. One of those trials was the Alien Gear IWB Cloak Tuck holster, and it’s probably the most comfortable IWB holster I’ve ever owned. Durability, comfort, and quality craftsmanship are just a few of this holsters qualities!